SoM

At the weekend I helped a friend move a Lister L he's had for years and is now going to restore. Couldn't read the engine number but it was 4 1/2hp at

450 with fixed head and a rotary mag so I'd guess early 20s. The interesting thing is that it had a pair of solid flywheels which resemble SoM flywheels but are the same dimensions as the spoked and with only two elliptical holes. I assume they are original and that it came from a lighting-set but it had none of the electrical gimcrackery associated with a CS SoM. Your thoughts?
Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

As you summized solid flywheels are the sign of a Generator engine, maybe in later life the auto start side of the carb and governor were removed to make starting easier.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Reply to