Re: Fenlands Vintage Country Show

Pics now at

I am disappointed that no one has been able to identify the "unknown" engine on the Kent Rally report page....

Off to The Fenlands Vintage Country Show at Flood's Ferry in

Cambridgeshire

in the Morning, looking for a nice relaxing 4 days away. > > Pics in the usual place when I get back. > > -- > Pete Aldous > >

Pete Aldous

Roland,

The reason I stated that it was rare, was that the owner of the "bog top" Petter was telling me, (perhaps incorrectly as I am no Petter expert ...yet) that only around 360 were made. It did seem to be backed up by the fact that another "Petter nut" from his club offered him an early low tension, hit n miss Amanco in original paint, (slightly buckled flywheel but then they often do have), and two small Rustons for the Petter.

I will keep an eye out for a bog top for your 5hp.

As for my own Petter, I had made up my mind that it was mag, as it would not jump a spark from the lead to the plug with the plug in the engine. I bid, and won a similar mag on Ebay (it was a m/cycle one so the body was different) and changed the guts. It then jumped the gap OK but still would not start and as I had no more time left last week, I decided to take it to the rally and play.

To be honest, most of the problems seem to be that I was opening the mixture screw a bit far and it seemed to be flooding, also It was better when I bought a new plug (although I had tried a couple of odd but good plugs before). Playing around with the mixture setting seemed to work, but it did need a really fast crank and I had the handle whip off and whack me in the chest a couple of times. I intend to take it to Henham next Month and run it some more.

Thanks for your interest.

Reply to
Pete Aldous

Chris,

Thanks for the comments.

As I spent most of last Winter restoring the Fuller & Johnson, I have entered it for all this years Rallies.

Next year, I intend to rotate between the Fuller, the Lister pumset, the Petter and whatever else I get finished this Winter.

I have got to rebush the Pumpset's H2s arms however, as they are starting to "clank"

The Petter is a pretty little engine with lots of brass to polish if that is what floats your boat. I had a lot of interest in it last weekend and spent a long time at the fence discussing it with people.

Reply to
Pete Aldous

I couldn't make the "2.75hp Norman T300 24v Generator set" open, but aside from that they are a nice set of pics, Pete.

Work on the ST P3 continues. It's all shiny and black now, base made and dynamo undergoing renovation.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

I'd rather have a free bottle in front of me than a free frontal lobotomy!

Reply to
J K Siddorn

OOPS, a tippping mistook.

Should be OK now.

Looking forward to more pics of the ST

Reply to
Pete Aldous

All,

I have beeen advised by Patrick Knight that the Air cooled "Lister CS" that lit the beer tent all weekend is in fact a model VA. It seems that they are a rare site on UK Rally fields as they were built primarily for the export market.

I will try to find out a little more of it's history from some friends in A.V.M.E.C.

Reply to
Pete Aldous

We had one some years ago, bought it at the Engine Emporium at Gloucester then sold it on to another enthusiast.

Brought another one back from Espana on the trip before last, all there and turns over but I haven't had much time to play with it.

Peter

Peter A Forbes