Engine stolen

Thank goodness for our low price for scrap.

John Manders

I was talking recently to a film director about a movie he shot in the Ukraine. He told me that no vehicle could be left unattended and public car parks have armed guards with dogs on long leashes. Stopping in a filling station was likely to result in the loss of your wipers whilst you were paying for your fuel!

The film he was making was a WW2 movie, and they paid the local TA-type tank regiment some stupidly low sum to repaint their T55's as German tanks (it was that kind of movie!) and drive them to and fro for a couple of days. They brought in an old clunker, stuffed it tight with petrol and old ammo and shelled it for camera. Very spectacular, but the next morning only the larger pieces remained where they had fallen and the big bits vanished during the weekend.

One might imagine that no engine would be stationary for very long!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Strange then that there is an increasing number of eastern European engines appearing over here.

Reply to
Nick H

I thought that! Perhaps we are saving their heritage as well as our own. If they were not exported to the UK, they'd end up as scrap.

(Wags prophetic finger) You mark my words, in a few years, there will be a huge scandal about the rape of their heritage with unscrupulous dealers emptying their nation's farms of these irreplaceable products of their forefathers, completely forgetting that if they hadn't, there would now (then) be none left.

Elgin Marble anyone?

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

"J K Siddorn" wrote (snip):-

Lost mine years ago - probably burnt for lime!

Reply to
Nick H