Say goodbuy to home shops

The article in the link is of concern to anyone with a home shop. If you have a neighbor thats a pain in the ass now just wait till he has the power he so desires to run your life with the full force of the law to back him up.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:42:29 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "azotic" quickly quoth:

I can take one look at that bastard and know he wants something I don't in a neighborhood. Egad, what's this country coming to? Socialized color schemes and coordinated lawn colors aren't far off, are they?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Get used to it, freedom of choice is no longer in fashion.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

People are ready to sell their soul to the devil and suffer a lifetime of nonsensical inconveniences (and impose same on their neighbors) so that they can get a few thousand more for their homes ("home values"). It is ridiculous.

So what if someone has a refrigerator in their front yard. I personally would not care too much.

Ignoramus3635

It's the washing machine and the pigs running out the front door that get to me. Short of that, just keep the poison ivy from running into my yard and I'm happy.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

That smell!

It smells like...

A House Fire!

At the place with the really nice lawn!!

I'm sure it'll happen.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

I don't see anything in this article about home shops, or even what codes they are trying to enforce.

I know Colorado is having an illegal immigration problem like many areas, and this may be an attempt to have stricter enforcement of occupancy laws. For instances a landlord rents a single family house out to 25 illegals packed in the basemment, and uses the rent to pay off his mortgage.

Tony

Reply to
Tony

As long as they invite you to the pig roast........if not have your own and invite one of your neighbors pigs to the roast.

I wonder how many pot bellyed pigs wound up in the pot?

John

Reply to
John

Was there something specific in that article about home shops? If so I missed it.

We live in a townhome in a pretty nice area and I've had zero complaints from neighbors on any of the tools in use in my home shop, including a medium-sized CNC mill that can make a bit of noise late evenings. The HOA pays for outside maintenance which leaves me more time in the shop - seems like a fair trade to me.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry

I hate to break it to you this bluntly, Larry, but "this country" is coming to the bitter end.

It's about too many people with too few necessary resources to share. There are 650 somting million people in the U.S.

This is NOT the land of the Monroe Doctrine anymore. Manifest Destiny has come (and gone).

You didn't really think this religious war was about religion, did you?

Reply to
cavelamb himself

Wh - wh - WHAT?? Last time I looked, it was just 300 million! Check

but maybe that is just government propaganda.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Your very fortunate to live in a HOA where the CCR's don't pohibit you from having a shop in your home. When i was house hunting all the HOA controlled homes i was offered had CCR's that strictley prohibit a home shop.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

When i was house hunting i read some CCR's that allowed the HOA to actually inspect the inside of your house if they so desire. The typical HOA home is nothing more than a guilded cage.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

Did you know that a couple gallons of used motor oil poured into a swimming pool, really really fucks things up for the owner?

A water balloon tossed out a car window, the contents of the balloon being RoundUP, can really make a unique work of art out of an assholes prized yard?

There are lots of ways to express displeasure with your neighbors, indluding the Tribullchet of styrofoam disolved in gasoline....

Reply to
Gunner

Better living thru chemistry.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

In England it has even been mooted that the ownership of lathes might be subject to police approval because of their use to bore out the barrels of illegal guns.

What I don't understand is why the ownership of kitchen knives is not also so subject?

Reply to
Peter

Better revenge thru chemistry ;)

nick hull

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 22:29:38 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Jon Elson quickly quoth:

Maybe the illustrious Census Bureau finally got serious and started counting illegal aliens, too.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yes but you arent counting all the illegal aliens. :-) maybe :-( ...lew...

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:03:41 +0100, with neither quill nor qualm, "Peter" quickly quoth:

It IS!

And swords, meat cleavers, axes, and machetes
And now GLASSES in pubs!
UKers must feel SOOO SAFE nowadays...

Reply to
Larry Jaques