Say goodbuy to home shops

I think the earlier idea of HSM type people developing an area and having an HOA is a good one...

Requirement to maintain the way on the 5", 7 1/4" and 10 1/2" rail track that goes past the end of your garden.

Foundry work not permitted on your lot, use the communal cupola, crucible and induction furnaces paid for by the HOA.

3 phase to every house.

Waste to be segregated into ferrous and non-ferrous for best communal sale price.

No more than three traction engines or two main battle tanks parked in front of any one house.

Houses don't have to be painted, but machine tools are required to be kept oiled.

No loud noises on Sunday mornings (not more than 90dB before lunch time).

The possibilities are mindless.

Where do I sign up?

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

I dont think its that political honestly

You can be right or left up or down i think HOA's appeal to people who think in terms of pushing pencils more than getting dirty.

the kind of people who only use a hammer to hang a picture. And i think there are several of them on all fronts

Brent Ottawa Canada

Reply to
Brent

ROFL

Reply to
Brent

Its a nation wide problem. An organisation called the CAI based in california and compromised of lawyers, management companies, realators, accountants and home builders are paying off politians thru PAC's to make shure legislation is passed that eventualy will make every home in america part of a HOA. The people who make thier living from the HOA's are spending big buck to accomplish thier goals. Sneak attacks are becoming more common, paying judges to impose HOA's where none existed before is going to be the norm in the very near future.

Luckily we have 90 guns for every 100 people.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

Indeed there are, i have read CCR's that ban firearms.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

Dunno, they haven't managed to do that with "gun free school zones", or in public housing, at least for legally owned guns. The courts have affirmed multiple times that the school zones can't infringe on their neighbors constitutional rights and that you can't sign away your constitutional rights for public housing.

Reply to
Pete C.

That only holds true when dealing with the government or public institutions, When purchasing a home in a HOA you are entering into a private contract willingley. The courts have ruled that under those conditions you can and often do sign your constitutional rights away, lots of case law in that area favoring HOA's violating constitutional rights that would apply in conventional housing.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:18:25 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Wes quickly quoth:

Truth!

WhatEVER is your major malfunction, Wes? You speak of Democrats and Liberals as if they were different entities. ;) I'd be willing to wager that the Dems would be a much higher percentage. They seem to want to tell people what to do more than regular Reps (the current NeoCon regime notwithstanding.)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Well, there is no HOA here now, and my homeowners insurance does have coverage for losses due to new CCRs and similar.

Reply to
Pete C.

How about centrist extremists like myself?

Reply to
Pete C.

There are lots of liberals who aren't democrats.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

Maybe there are firearms that prohibit HOAs ;)

nick hull

The great equalizer is gaining popularity in HOA's. Some meetings require pocket artillery.

In Arizona, 61 year old Richard Glassel lost his home over a two year court battle and a $1,081 legal fee regarding his landscaping.

Glassel, vowing to "get even" stormed his former Association Board Meeting attended by 30-40 homeowners with a rifle and three handguns blazing. Killing two Board Members and wounding three others before his rifle jammed, Glassel was reportedly wrestled to the ground and disarmed by at least five of the seniors attending. Best Regards

Tom.

Reply to
azotic

I have very hard times developing compassion for these unfortunate board members.

Ignoramus31174

why is it that everything you dislike must be due to the mental failings of a group whose philosopy you oppose? Isn't that just flat out nonsense? I'd consider myself pretty stronlgy anti-current administration (I won't say that makes me a liberal or a conservative, by the way), and I have always had a home shop and would never live in an area with restrictive covenants - And, at least here on the left coast some of the least permissive areas are the solidly republican places like the infamous Orange county -

Perhaps we can return to a discussion on metal working rather than turning insults into swarf?

Reply to
William Noble

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 22:46:13 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Ignoramus31174 quickly quoth:

I'll bet they had a helluva time replacing those members, eh?

Ditto, and I'm truly astounded that we haven't been asked to develop compassion for dozens of congresscritters before now.

------------------------------------------ Do the voices in my head bother you? ------------------------------------------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 20:39:44 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Joe Pfeiffer quickly quoth:

Can you name any we'd recognize, besides, perhaps, yourself?

I realize that there may be one or two liberal Reps and a few conservative Dems, but a majority of Reps are conservative and the vast majority of Dems (IIRC, every one I've met or read about) are staunch liberals, and vice-versa.

------------------------------------------ Do the voices in my head bother you? ------------------------------------------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

There are..and they double duty as lawyer removers too.

Reply to
Gunner

Ooo...I like it!

Oh..toss in Clothing Optional..and Ill go for it.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

In my neck of the woods..er..desert..we dont have a lot of burglaries. There is a finite number of burglars with a very small growth rate after the finite numbers have been shot and buried in the back 40.

The Brits and Aussies should try it. Plus it makes the roses grow better

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner