Say goodbuy to home shops

*There* is a mental image I didn't need...
Reply to
Doug Miller

You just soured me on the idea :)

George

Reply to
George

As the 5' 10" tall slender but big bosemed lady said at 4am this morning....

"gasp..pant..pant...your pretty damned good for an old man...."

Shrug...its just a knack....

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

What sort of neighborhoods do you think are wanted by people touting "traditional family values'"?

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

ISTM it would only take one act to prohibit them, which would be a model package.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

What the hell are you doing out jogging at four in the morning???

Reply to
Doug Miller

HOAs are intended for 'Politically Correct' morons, of course.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Just so long as you keep the safety boots and full face visor on :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Wrong. They are for people who DON'T want to associate with anyone who don't live up to their expectations of wha their neighbors should be like.

Politically correct morons love to associate with people they think of as inferior--it makes them feel superior.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

That's some weird stuff, Fred. Is it the result of some bad experience or something?

BTW, here in the liberal NYC suburbs, HOAs are pretty rare. There aren't any around me. What's happened to the freewheeling, libertarian West?

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Running from her husband who got home early...

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Actually..I do machine and weld at 4am. Here in the desert..its the coolest times.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

People like that give gunowners a bad name. What's the point to carrying a backup piece if you don't go to it immediately when your rifle jams?

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

"Ed Huntress" wrote in news:w7JBi.333$%R1.238 @newsfe12.lga:

We got invaded by East Coast Yuppies.

Reply to
Eregon

There are plenty of them out here and they don't seem inclined towards HOAs. I think it's a case of some social climbing going on in flyover country. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Amen.

Look at Colorado for a prime example

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Gunner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Ouch, imagine pouring cast iron nude, infrared heat burns in places you REALLY don't want burned.......

Bill

Reply to
Bill

innews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Fred the Red Shirt

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

I think PeteC hit the nail on the head:

The object of an HOA is to suppress diversity. Not necessarily the superficial kinds like ethnic diversity, but real diversity.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

Those postings, in light of what you said above, is why I said this is "weird stuff." What PeteC is saying is that people associate in "enclaves" of the like-minded. What you said above is that "PC morons associate with people they think of as inferior."

These two statements are exact opposites. Now you say PeteC "hit the nail on the head." But the nail he hit was the opposite of the nail you aimed at.

Is that something you care to explain, or shall we just chalk it up to general enthusiasm for any kind of bitterness and antagonism toward people who aren't part of your...enclave?

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress