Flookburgh next weekend.

As I am going I rang Tim Holts & his wife says it looks like it will be OK. They might move more on to the runways for safety!

Reply to
Dave Croft

Warrington

Why are the runways safer than where they were originally going? Presumably, they're moving off grassed areas as they're wet and would get muddy. That's hardly a safety issue.

John

Reply to
John

I'd like to agree but people these days will sue for anything. Nice slippy mud, someone falls and ruins thier Primarni suit, they sue for a new suit as the organises had done nothing about the mud...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

My understanding is that they have to show negligence to sue succesfully. Rain and the resulting wet ground is down to God not the organisers. If anyone who slips/trips/falls can sue, every council would imediately be bankrupt. The claimant has to show the council were negligent in some way.

I must admit H&S excuses are one of my pet hates. H&S is so often used as an incorrect justification for things that it detracts from real H&S issues. My son's nursery cancelled his sports day after the rain for safety reasons. I asked why and was told that the children might fall on the wet grass. Children fall over at that age anyway - fact. I explained to them that falling onto soft wet earth was safer that falling onto hard dry earth. It finally turned out that the staff didn't want to go out onto the wet grass. In fact nothing to do with safety. Why can't folks just be honest and say (here) that they're moving to the runways to get off the mud.

Rant over.

John

Reply to
John

Just to add to it, how many people have run engines on concrete and had to stand with it otherwise it goes walkies!

Reply to
campingstoveman