Fly press

Would ownership of a Denbigh No5 fly press significantly improve my life? There is a possibility that one might become 'surplus to requirements' and I need to decide how hard I should try to make sure it comes my way, bearing in mind that it looks like a bugger to move and I haven't actually got anywhere to put it except outside!

Reply to
Nick H

I suppose it depends on many flies do you want to squash :-).

For me a flypress is one of those things it is handy to have access to about one a year, and as there's one at work, that's ideal. I've actually used it in the last week for pushing a replacement bushing into a lathe gear.

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

Well of course with the recent spell of cold weather, there aren't that many flies around, and how you would entice them into the press anyway is another matter altogether.......

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

Well, I wasn't really intending to go into the production of garibaldi biscuits ;-) So the consensus is probably of occasional use only and therefore not worth going to too much trouble to acquire?

Reply to
Nick H

Not if you drop the bugger on you !

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

You could acquire it to sell on, they do fetch a few quid. I have one and whilst it does not get used often I would miss it if it went.

Mart> >

Reply to
Campingstoveman

I had a one, used it once then got rid of it. I suppose it depends if you have the room to keep it in the workshop? |And of course, as stated, how many flies you got ;-)

-- Cheers, MartinH

Reply to
martin hirst