Identity assistance please!!

While it is so quiet on the NG I'll resurrect a recent request for identification in the hope that it will be more successful than last time. At:-

in the album "New Project" are pictures of a recent acquisition. Amongst the photos are one or two showing a brass identification plate bearing the initials " A.C." and a serial number. This is obviously a works ID. plate. Does anyone recognise the plate or offer a suggestion as to what "A.C." stands for. There is quite a lot of olive drab paint on the unit, so I suspect that it may have military connections. The engine build date of 1939 is significant in military terms too! The Suppliers plate reads "Metal Agencies Ltd" a company which was based in Bristol. ( I had a Catalogue of theirs a while ago but let it go on Ebay during a clearout). The unit did quite a bit of travelling prior to use! Dursley to Leith then back to Bristol. TIA. Charles.

Reply to
Charles Hamilton

Charles,

Looking at it I would suggest its an Asset plate of some sort, a suggestion would be "Asset Credit".

Reply to
campingstoveman

If I may momentarily highjack the thread Charles, I recently bought a big air cooled two stroke single I've never seen before with a most curious device at one end. Complete with exhaust & the Solex carb is of German origin. The choke plate is in German too, so there are clues. I've never seen one before, but it is big - say 350cc.

Customarily, silence denotes ignorance ;o)) on this NG, but I thought I'd check before sending it in to SEM.

Anyone??

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to