IF article in Old Glory

Gentlemen,

There I was in my usual early evening pose, horizontal in a hot bath, when I came upon an excellent article about " Internal Fire". As I read on and looked at the pictures I noticed Paul Evans the Curator working but then I found another gentleman, term used loosely :-)), who kept popping up in shot not doing a lot. I'm surprised that he didn't actually look into camera and smile. I also noticed he had been kept away from his favourite engine for fear of smoke ruining the picture. How are you Arthur :-)) Good press all the same for IF

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Well isn't that just flipping typical!

I haven't seen the article, as my OG subscription has just lapsed, because I'm bored to death with cover to cover traction engines.

Now I'll have to go and buy a copy, having forsworn it. Sorry to spoil your bath, Martin. ;-).

Regards, Arthur G

came upon an excellent article about "

the Curator working but then I found

doing a lot. I'm surprised that he didn't

his favourite engine for fear of smoke

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

I just happened to see the latest OG in W.H Smith. I had a brief thumb through, though for the same reasons as Arthur, I rarely buy it :-) Excellent coverage of IF, but I did notice that a 8 hp Petter S type had magically been transmogrified into a McLaren, or some such unlikely beast......

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

I generally have a browse in Smiths after work on a Friday - looks like I might actually buy something for once! Did the same with 'Vintage Spirit' (another primarily hot fog publication) some while ago.

Reply to
Nick H

Is the picture "Built in Wales, a working example of an Allen twin-cylinder engine" correct? I can only see one cylinder.

Fred

Reply to
Fred

F> Is the picture "Built in Wales, a working example of an Allen twin- F> cylinder engine" correct? I can only see one cylinder.

F> Fred

Looks a lot like a single cylinder Powell to me. Nice to know that SEM is not the onlyh mag which suffers from wayward picture captions!

nickh=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

Reply to
nickh

"nickh" wrote (snip):-

Well was it anyone?

Reply to
Nick H

Spot on Nick, it is most definitely a Powell, either 5 or 6hp. I can't remember which, and it is totally lacking in a second cylinder.

There was a little confusion with the photo captions in the article, other than that it was a pretty good read.

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

Spot on Nick, it is most definitely a Powell, either 5 or 6hp. I can't remember which, and it is totally lacking in a second cylinder.

There was a little confusion with the photo captions in the article, other than that it was a pretty good read.

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

"Arthur Griffin" wrote

remember which, and it is totally lacking in a

than that it was a pretty good read.

Cheers Arthur! Shades of Monty Python - "How to recognise engines from quite a long way away. Number one; The Powell, The Powell".

BTW Heavy weekend? You seem to have a shaky clicking finger ;-)

Reply to
Nick H

"Nick H" wrote >

I plead Outlook Express M'Lud. Occasionally it does this and I've no idea why. Apologies in advance if it does it again.:-)

-- Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin