old magazine article

I have a lot of old magazines that have great craft related articles,
especially in my area of interest, metalwork. I think this stuff is
just too valuable to sit gathering mold and dust so I have been
reprinting them and making them available on my website
.

The latest article is titled, "Getting the Most Out of Your Workshop,"
from the Sept/Oct, 1938 issue of "Popular Homecraft." It has a lot of
great ideas about organizing a workshop. A lot of it is for
woodworkers, but the principles are the same for metalworkers.
As with the other articles, this is formatted as a PDF file, but if
you don't have the Adobe Reader, necessary to display the article, you
can get it free over the internet.
You can find this article on our free metal projects reprint index
page. Click here to go there:

Enjoy! --James R. Walker, Metalsmith
Reply to
walkermetalsmith
I tried three times to download the pdf, but it failed every time. The download runs fine until it gets to somewhere around 300-350K when it suddenly says its complete. Needless to say, the resulting pdf cannot be displayed.i
-- Regards, Gary Wooding
(Change feet to foot to reply)
Reply to
Wooding
cannot be
articles,
Workshop,"
I was able to download and view with version 5.0 of Adobe reader. I think the PDF was made with version 6. You may have an old version of Aobe Reader. Jeff
Reply to
Jeffrey Lindemuth
I was able to read it with version 4....maybe I should update....
Reply to
Dave Young
Wow, that's a neat copper lantern... I think I'll tackle that one after Christmas.
chem
walkermetalsmith wrote:
Reply to
chem
Hey I've been looking for Lanterns to hang on my front porch for awhile now. Making a pair to go on the hooks I put up last year sounds like a good idea since I haven't been able to remember to water the flowers that the hooks were installed for.
Reply to
Doug Arthurs
You probably have a transparent web-cache upstream of you which is holding a truncated copy of the file. If you suffer Interent Exploder, try ctrl-f5 to attempt to force the cache to re-load.
Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand
Please READ my post - its nothing to do with Adobe Reader - I can download only about 350K of the 462K pdf, and at that point the download suddenly stops with the message that all 462K has been read. THAT is why the pdf cannot be displayed.
I've just retried and get the same problem. I've also tried the ctl+F5 trick, with no effect. Perhaps someone could email the pdf to me?
-- Regards, Gary Wooding
(Change feet to foot to reply)
Reply to
Wooding
I was able to read it with 4.0, but the text block at the left center of the last page is AFU.
Could this too be an Adobe version issue?
Jeff
walkermetalsmith wrote:
Reply to
Jeff Wisnia
Well ... I couldn't read it with either xpdf (unix) or Adobe Acrobat 4, so I downloaded Acrobat 5 (the latest available for Sun unix boxen at present), and that did not work either.
The message from Acrobat 5 is:
"There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged, and could not be repaired."
Enjoy, DoN.
Reply to
DoN. Nichols