Lister A carb

Ladies and Gentlemen

Anyone got a Lister 'A' carb they don't want, exchange for the folding stuff.

Thanks

Ken

Reply to
Kenneth John Russell

If its to get an engine going adapt a lister D carb.

Martin P "Kenneth John Russell" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@newspe.com...

Reply to
campingstoveman

Hello Martin

Think that will be OK ? I've quickly offered up a D carb, and the 'ole down the middle is smaller - the D being half the hp. The fixing bolts are further apart and at the wrong angle but possibly bodge-able at a push.

Reply to
Kenneth John Russell

I did say adapt :-)) I may at least prove if the rest works.

Martin P

"Kenneth John Russell" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@newspe.com...

Reply to
campingstoveman

Martin is probably referring to the many 'economy' A types that were produced with the Lister D carb fitted from the factory.

David Edgington featured these engines on his monthly article in Stationary Engine. I can locate the copy fairly quickly if Martin can't.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

I don't think they used a D carb - they may have used a similar casting pattern, but they still had the sliding plate throttle and probably a different needle valve diameter..for example:

This one came originally from a cement mixer - hence the ninety degree carb rotation and the engine being reverse rotation.

Regards Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden