O/T Law enforcement

Now I know we are all law abiding folks who never exceed the speed limit etc, but there's an interesting thread on a US group. It seems that their police are handing out tickets like confetti. The US economy is bad at the moment and this looks like a good way to raise easy money. The same technique could arrive here soon.

John

Reply to
John

Charles Hamilton

They don't need it here, we already have rthose money-making machines called speed cameras! Pete

Reply to
THE DOUGLAS STATIONARY ENGINE RESOURCE (admin)

Coming down the M5 yesterday afternoon, the Law was out in force. There is one place (southbound) around Worcester just after the J with the A44 where a access road comes down at a bridge.

There were two worthies on the bridge with a hair drier. A Traffic car was up the little ramp with an unmarked car beside it. In the two miles or so to the next junction, there were four pulls on the hard shoulder & I actually spotted two going back up the other carriageway on their way (I assume) to get back in line for the next bust!

I was hovering around 85 perhaps a tad less & they didn't bother me.

Probably the ANPR unit ........

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

"THE DOUGLAS STATIONARY ENGINE RESOURCE (admin)" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk...