Odd carb

For some while I have had on the shelf a carb made by NFS Carburettors of Willesden which has an odd automatic air valve and fuel needle arrangement. It carries a string of patent numbers, including a US one 1510028, which I popped into the google patent serch mentioned in an earlier post. Thre it was large as life and the patentee? One Frank Hadfield Arnott of Willesden - could it be the same Mr Arnott of blower fame?

Reply to
Nick H

Not to highjack Nick's thread at all, more "whilst we are about it" ;o)), but I too have an unusual carb. Obviously a Stuart Turner, I've been unable to find another like it. I have mentioned it here before, but I'm pleased to note an ever increasing chorus of new voices on this NG & perhaps one of them might recognise it if the older hands cannot nail it down.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

There was a similar updraft S-T on Frank ????'s stall (him with all the mag bits) at a rally last year. Remembering your enquiry I asked him if he knew what it was from, but unfortunately he didn't.

Reply to
Nick H

Well wadda you know, SEM dropped on the door mat this morning - only had a quick peep before heading off for the first day back at work but on the back page is a photo of the rare (dangerous word) Stuart Turner K complete with updraft S-T carb! Not quite identical to yours, but it is the only updraft application I have seen.

IIRC this engine was designed primarily for stop-start duty on refrigeration systems.

Reply to
Nick H