Old Generator 3-pin plug?

After managing to get our stuart twin running, we now need an old style round 3-pin plug to connect up the 24V generator properly. The generator connector is brass and has the make 'NIPHAN' cast into it. Approximately 1-3/8" diameter. One large round pin at the top, two smaller pins below 1/2" centres apart.

Probably a military type plug which plugs in and then a brass gland screw will keep it in place. Anyone got such a plug and screw connector spare in exchange for a few beer tokens ?!

Thanks David

Reply to
David McC

LPA-Niphan are still around, but they tend to have minimum order quantities etc.

I have some of the sockets new in packets with gaskets, but have yet to find the matching plug.

It's in the LPA catalogue but probably £15 or so plus VAT and postage for a one-off.

Socket NATO part number is 5935-99-900-6225

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Have a word with F C LANE We used to use them for military connectors when I worked for Bicotest.

Reply to
Barry Ruck

Car boots is where I found mine.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Martin was very lucky to find a Niphan plug. Sockets stay attached to the equipment, so are easy to find (I've got quite a few;o)) )Plugs were naturally attached to the cabling which got weighed in for non-ferrous scrap long ago, plugs included.

David, if you find some plugs at a reasonable price, I'd certainly be interested in some.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Might be worth looking at places dealing with ex-broadcast equipment that connector was the standard for long mains feeds on outside brodacasts.

Maybe even the station engineer at your BBC local radio station (or TV) if it hasn't relocated in the last 10 years. They might have some lurking in the back of the "better not throw this away it might be useful one day" cupboard.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice