OT - exotic fuels

In Another Place, I came across a reference to a hill climb Vee twin running on Nitro. It's nasty stuff and if the bike stalls, you've got to make sure it's all out of the system, but in the heat of the moment, he tried to start it as it was.

There was a little nitro laying on the crown of the stalled piston. With a resounding report, the rod made a U turn in the crankcase & blew the head into 3 pieces! Oh dear ........

Might I recommend to you "I Kept No Diary" by Rod Banks? Long out of print, most aero subject shops will be able to lay a hand on it - I got one straightaway. Rod Banks was heavily involved in racing fuels for - amongst other things - the Schneider Trophy races.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn