OT Ferguson Tractors

Sorry to be bit OT, but having just purchased a 1954 TE (Std engnd) tractor, could do with some useful group or online sites to visit. Anybody any thoughts ?

Pete Stockdale

Peter Stockdale

============================ These should keep you occupied for a while !!! Mike.H.

Mike.H

Reply to
Peter Stockdale

For parts and information, try these

connection

John

Reply to
John Manders

Thanks for this one as well , John. Just wish that there was a uk.rec. tractors - after all there are possibly more tractor owners than "stationary" owners ! Perhaps they are not considered in the main as recreational owners. Regards Pete

Reply to
Peter Stockdale

I wish there was such a group as well. Perhaps we should start one. I would guess that there were as many tractors being shown as stationary engines. Probably not as many examples "resting" though. As time goes on there are likely to be more tractors progressing into preservation, something unlikely to happen with modern SE's. Good luck with the Fergie, mine has given many hours of fun as well as being a useful tool when it's needed. It's easy to see why it revolutionised the tractor industry.

John

Reply to
John Manders

Regards Pete Stockdale

Reply to
Peter Stockdale

stationary

revolutionised the

There is a US orientated tractor group, see news:alt.fan.tractors the subject of British tractors gets a mention occasionally but it seems to cover mostly garden tractors. There is little doubt that many tractor owners have Internet access but it is likely that few are aware of newsgroups. I would support the creation of a uk.rec.tractors group and if it can be created I would be happy to promote it on my tractor web site and by mentioning it to tractor owners.

Reply to
Richard H Huelin

Pete

Reply to