a bit ot

Does anyone ever read those blogs? i started one today and havent got a clue
how it spreads around the world and if its only a girly teenager thing or
not.
Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales
"Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales" wrote in message news:qRe4e.1475$ snipped-for-privacy@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
A couple of months ago somebody asked me what a blog was. I couldn't answer them, apart from munging web and log into "blog". I went online and surfed around trying to find out what defines a blog and what all the blogging fuss was about. I still haven't figured out what separates a blog from a personal web page - they both seem to subsist on content that interests the publisher more than anyone else.
Who's got a link to a site they can hold up as an example of a good blog site? Still curious as hell what all the blog fuss is about.
WmB
Reply to
WmB
Political blogs are very popular and widely-read.
Well, what's the URL?
Reply to
Al Superczynski
The only one I look at reqularly is
Good automotive site.
Mark M
Reply to
Mark M
My understanding is that the term "blog" is a conjunction of the term "biographical log" or "bio-log" kind of a chronological free flowing narrative or journal not unlike a diary.
Here's an interesting discussion on the topic:
Hope this helps.
Kaliste
Kaliste Saloom IPMS #30703 Lafayette, LA USA
Reply to
Kaliste Saloom
(snip)
It's my understanding that 'blog' came from 'Web log' - a kind of online diary of daily (or periodical) events and/or opinions. Usually, they are politically-driven but there are plenty of others.
Frank Kranick
Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.
On further review, you are correct!
Kaliste
Reply to
Kaliste Saloom
I know nothing about politics, not thru ignorance as i try
Havent a clue really what a blog is suposed to be like............i thought it was some kind of dairy online done daily.
Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales
Many "blogs" are extremely popular and well known. Matt Drudge's website is basically a "blog".
Reply to
Greg Heilers
Not really since he doesn't provide any commentary. The Drudge Report is more of a news portal.
Reply to
Al Superczynski
Why didn't you mention modelling amongst your interests?
A blog is whatever the blogger wants it to be.
Reply to
Al Superczynski
True, but I have heard him (and others) refer it it as a "blog". He just puts little-to-no effort into it. Minimalistic html...and relies on *others* to provide the commentary...lol.
Reply to
Greg Heilers
Ah, these should suit me just fine then.
WmB
Reply to
WmB
" WmB" wrote in news:H3f4e.134$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:
Think of them as editorials or commentaries that won't get printed in the local paper.
Reply to
Gray Ghost
Try this on for a definition:
Rufus
Isn't a blog just a really huge turd....as in big log............
Reply to
Ron
I forgot too, i guess as i do modelling it will get mentioned, as you can imagine other things are on my mind at the moment!