a bit ot

Does anyone ever read those blogs? i started one today and havent got a clue how it spreads around the world and if its only a girly teenager thing or not.

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

"Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales" wrote in message news:qRe4e.1475$ snipped-for-privacy@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

A couple of months ago somebody asked me what a blog was. I couldn't answer them, apart from munging web and log into "blog". I went online and surfed around trying to find out what defines a blog and what all the blogging fuss was about. I still haven't figured out what separates a blog from a personal web page - they both seem to subsist on content that interests the publisher more than anyone else.

Who's got a link to a site they can hold up as an example of a good blog site? Still curious as hell what all the blog fuss is about.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Political blogs are very popular and widely-read.

Well, what's the URL?

Reply to
Al Superczynski

The only one I look at reqularly is

Good automotive site.

Reply to
Mark M

My understanding is that the term "blog" is a conjunction of the term "biographical log" or "bio-log" kind of a chronological free flowing narrative or journal not unlike a diary.

Here's an interesting discussion on the topic:

Hope this helps.

Kaliste

Kaliste Saloom IPMS #30703 Lafayette, LA USA

Reply to
Kaliste Saloom

Kaliste Saloom wrote: (snip)

It's my understanding that 'blog' came from 'Web log' - a kind of online diary of daily (or periodical) events and/or opinions. Usually, they are politically-driven but there are plenty of others.

Frank Kranick

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

On further review, you are correct!

Kaliste

Reply to
Kaliste Saloom

I know nothing about politics, not thru ignorance as i try

Havent a clue really what a blog is suposed to be like............i thought it was some kind of dairy online done daily.

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Many "blogs" are extremely popular and well known. Matt Drudge's website is basically a "blog".

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Not really since he doesn't provide any commentary. The Drudge Report is more of a news portal.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Why didn't you mention modelling amongst your interests?

A blog is whatever the blogger wants it to be.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

True, but I have heard him (and others) refer it it as a "blog". He just puts little-to-no effort into it. Minimalistic html...and relies on

*others* to provide the commentary...lol.
Reply to
Greg Heilers

Ah, these should suit me just fine then.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

" WmB" wrote in news:H3f4e.134$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Think of them as editorials or commentaries that won't get printed in the local paper.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Try this on for a definition:

Rufus

Isn't a blog just a really huge turd....as in big log............

Reply to
Ron

I forgot too, i guess as i do modelling it will get mentioned, as you can imagine other things are on my mind at the moment!