Bit OT - frugaling

I went to buy a battery charger this morning & was startled at the price. It occurred to me that I actually had a rather nice one at home already - a

200watt PSU recently salvaged from a 'pooter on it's way to the skip.

We'll see if it charges batteries!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

13 quid, Lidl's rather excellent full-auto ones (saw some just this week).
Reply to
Andy Dingley

Reply to
Charles Hamilton

You will need to load the 5V output for it to supply anything on the

12V output. You will also need to trim it as you won't get much charge going into a battery at 12V. The highest voltage I have ever gotten out of one was around 13.5V. I humbly suggest it will be a waste of time.
Reply to
michaelbrix

I've found those 12V (nominal) ''wall wart'' transformers to be great for charging lead-acids. They take ages with an output around 800mA but can be left alone with no danger of ''boiling'' the electrolyte away!

Julian.

Reply to
Julian