Re: Entirely OT - Sodslaw for Exhibitors

5. Damp-proof matches, tinder dry wood with paper and fire lighters is no

> basis for a good blaze. What is required is wood that has been freshly > pulled from a running stream, a high wind and an infuriatingly smug > smart-arse equipped with a piece of string and three bits of wood. If you > are really unlucky, he will have a bit of rock and a lump of iron and should > be avoided, as he will probably set fire to your tent at fifty paces in a > snow storm.

Nice guide Kim. That explains a few things. For a number of decades, I went out and watched the RAC Rally in November. The spectator guides always warned against smoking in the forests because of the fire risk. Has anyone EVER managed to burn a Welsh or Scottish forest in November? There were a couple of competitor that tried by setting light to a rally car with a full tank of fuel. Even they failed.

John

Reply to
John Manders

OT my ****, some of that is bang on for the current climate!

Reply to
Nick Highfield

Absolutely Great!!

Peter

Peter A Forbes

snip..

I did!

You've either had a life obstructed by the cussedness of providence and your fellow man, or you know some unlucky sod!

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

Gentlemen, Dont let Kim any where near Peter's do as it will not get going or we we will all carry out mass suicide :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

I expext Kim's insurance costs ten times as much as other peoples' !

No w> >> You might like this ..................-