Skip finds.

Bit quiet round here lately so how about this:-

I just pulled some 3" CI down pipe out of a skip which may result in a change of plan for F&J pump jack (see pipe assy needed thread). What is your best skip find?

Reply to
Nick Highfield

Hi, Waiting for Hazel in the car near the Old Courthouse in Douglas while it was being renovated, I noticed a policemam who kept walking over and looking in the skip. After several attempts at prodding something he walked off.

I shot down and looked in the skip and there was an old Post Office battery room first aid cabinet complete with "What to do" insert in the front. Quickly popped in and asked the builders could I take it, they said no problem, so it was put in the boot - illegal to take anything out of a skip in the Isle Of Man without permission.

Back in the car I sat and watched. Policeman appears out of Courthouse and heads straight for the skip to find ... no cabinet. He didn't quite jump up and down on the spot but he did not look happy :-)

The cabinet is now on the wall above where the batteries will go for our gas engine.

Paul

-- ____________________________________

Internal Fire, Museum of Power, Wales

(under construction)

Reply to
Paul Evans

Picked up a 1000 Watt halogen floodlight at Malvern autojumble last weekend. It all works, even the bulb and it ain't half bright.

John

Reply to
John Manders

A load of tooling for the RS Components bench press/punch (which we have at the factory) Found it while waiting for a Ward 2A to be removed from the college at Beeston, (I was taking it up to Tim Leech) ended up with a nice couple of handfuls of punches and folding tools.

Kind regards,

Peter

Peter Forbes Prepair Ltd Luton, UK email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk home: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Reply to
Prepair Ltd

A Stuart Turner P55 engine and ten foot bronze propshaft and propeller with all its bearings, stuffer boxes etc.

It was skipped when my neighbour opposite was clearing out his garage and didn't know I was interested.

He helped me get it all out and sold me the newly rebuilt mag from his airing cupboard for £20!!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn