Try this quiz

The rest of the site is interesting as well, especially the investigations into bolt failure. My wife caught me reading it and says I'm sad.

John

Reply to
John

John,

I couldn't do it , it appears on my screen so small its unreadable.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Reply to
Charles Hamilton

In Opera, you can set the view to 400% and it is fine.

Got 10 out of 15 :-(

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Came up tiny on Firefox, but automatically full screen on Google Chrome.

Peter, I got 10/15 too, I think 5 of their answers must be wrong . . . ?

JW² ===

Reply to
JW²

Definitely! :-))

I think the wording of the questions affects it a bit, certainly there's a blurring of meanings in places that slewed my answers. Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

try this link

it comes up full size.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Me too, I blame the American terminology ;-)

NHH

Reply to
Nick H

Like most here, I spent my working life in one kind of bolt-using environment or another. I now use English for a living & I found myself having to read the questions several times & even then got some wrong as the meaning was not clear.

Let's set the Plain English Society on them!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

12/15 ... which sounds good but I've worked in engineering for 30 years.

Tom

Reply to
Tom