Villiers W-X11

Greetings !

Can anyone help with dating a Villiers W-X11 please ?

It has engine number WAH 568.

Seems to have a bronze or brass head, and possibly grey paint on the flywheel.

I need a magneto cover for it. Any advice as to whether I'm looking for a copper cover or an aluminium one ?

Thanks.

cheers ... Charles Welch

Reply to
Charles Welch

Charles, I am about to restore one myself, as to age I dont know but if you have stationary engine mag then the Helpline page has somebody who will have an answer, a Mr Galimore I believe. As to mag cover Ali.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

"Campingstoveman" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

Thanks Martin,

I noticed in the June 1986 Stationary Engine Magazine article, the author mentions that early W-X11's came with a copper magneto cover. Not sure if mine is early or not ! An aluminium one should be a lot easier to find.

I've collected images of a few of these engines, and they're all a bit different in the areas of magneto covers and air cleaners.

I also need the exhaust box from the side of the barrel, and some "innards" for the carby.

I do have a scan of a parts book, however it only has one illustration of the basic parts, and nothing of the carburettor or air cleaner is shown.

Thanks for your help. We'll see who get's their engine going first !

cheers ... Charles Welch

Reply to
Charles Welch