Vulcan Bomber

For those of you who may not know, Vulcan XH558 has made it's first flight after a long restoration.

Next year's air shows should be all the better for it.

John

Reply to
John

Read a good book on the flight over to the USA, "Vulcan 607", true story of the Falklands bombing mission and the organisation behind it.

Story of the first flight of the Vulcan was on the BBC website a few weeks ago with video of the take off etc.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Shouldn't you be posting to uk.rec.aviation I would hardly describe a flying Vulcan bombers as 'stationary'. Regards Mike.

Reply to
Mike Cawood, HND BIT

Probably but I'm not a member of that group. I do know that many contributors here are also aviation entusiasts. Perhaps I should have marked the post O/T, my appologies. As for the "stationary" component, she's been just that since 1992.

John

Reply to
John

God forbid that we would be on topic on every post! You would soon run completely out of things to say.

That hasn't happened here for a long time, and it does fit within the interests of a lot of folks here.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

those of you who may not know, Vulcan XH558 has made it's first

I think the common thread must be the enormous effort to get something that had been retired, and expected never to function again, back into commission. It just shows what can be done if you really are determined. I can't think of any country that does more of this than GB (and I realise this newsgroup is open to the world) - it may just inspire me to fix the petrol leak on my Stuart generator, in spite of the perishin' cold.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
Charles Hamilton

I've worked with a few who did fly them. They're just normal people, but young. Attitudes to risk and perception of vulnerability change markedly as one becomes older.

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

Some USian airfarce pilots are flying the same B52s that their grandfathers flew.

Reply to
crn

The guys who _flew_ them had bang seats. The guys sitting behind them didn't even get that much.

Reply to
Andy Dingley