Wessex SEC Cranmore sort out

A fine dry and sunny day(remember them?).I went as a seller this time and thankfully came home with a lot less than I took there. Quite a few engines on offer,strangest for me was a Stuart P3 rebadged as a P4,Why???

20 pics on ---
Mike.H.
Mike.H.

Charles Hamilton

It was the best attended one that I can remember & there were not only twice as many sellers but twice as many buyers too! The weather must have had something to do with it & it was only advertised in the club newsletter & SEM in March, so it came as a big surprise.

I found a big air cooled two stroke single I've never seen before with a most curious device at one end. Complete with exhaust, it was a bargain I could not resist ;o)). It has no plate, but the Solex carb is of German origin & the choke plate is in German too, so there are clues. I've never seen one before, but it is big - say 350cc.

Then a WW2 JAP SV engined ALCO 300W 24 volt gen set, starts & runs OK & might generate too if I had two 12 volt batteries to try it with.

A British Anzani two stroke engine as per outboard with a long, sexy, finned, cast ali exhaust manifold that will take little work to exhibit.

A home made lighting board with a pair of very early Volt & Amp meters, switches etc.

A WW2 Signal Lamp, complete with Morse key, batteries (dead I think! - and a shoulder strapped steel carrying case. This is for sale if anyone is interested as it turned out to be identical to the one I have already, not its little brother that I took it for.

Finally, a very nice oak box. It contained a slide projector which I donated to club funds, keeping the box. Not sure what for yet ;o))

Photos here ......

is the first new image

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Teach a child to be polite and courteous and you create an adult that can't merge a car into faster traffic.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn