What we talk about ?

Gentlemen,

I have a good friend who is too shy to post :-)) so he lurks in the background hopping nobody will notice him. Evening Mike and no I don't want a membership form. The other evening we were attending the B & B S E C barbeque and mini bring and buy when he happened to mention the NG and commented on what a load of old trollocks we all seem to spout. I quickly climbed to our defence by stating that it is all friendly banter, with the odd exception, and a lot of good comes out of it re:- Alex, Lister D and Water pump. What did cross my mind though was that there is one element missing and that is the pint in the hand, Cheers gents.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

There is unfortunately a world of difference between those who are internet-able and the rest. Groups form much more readily on the net than in the pub car park, and while I enjoy an occasional pint of best bitter, I can't stand the busy pub environment, especially when there is a juke-box blaring away.

We are fortunate in having a plethora of good local country pubs within less than half an hour's drive, where 12 people make a crowd and while music is available, it is carefully controlled in volume so that a conversation is possible without shouting. The food in two of them is particularly robust and enjoyable, so we don't go there too often! :-))

As far as the discussed subjects, once again we have the situation where the posters drive the group, not the onlookers, so if Mike wants to add to the brew, let him join in please.

Peter

Peter A Forbes