Wankel gen sets FS

Ex Cymbeline field artillary radar as made by me owd firm!

I well remember these purring away in the car park at Hayes on soak test. Wouldn't mind one myself but I can't really justify the price just for nostalgia :-((

Reply to
Nick H

All I get is an error message for this site.

John

Reply to
John Manders

Same here. Tried exmod.co.uk but that is for Land Rovers"

Peter

Prepair Ltd

That works OK, it is a bit confusing for someone trying to quote a url as the pictures all have thexmod.com all over them!

Peter

Prepair Ltd

God, I hope these are better than their spelling!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Generator Set Gasoline 1.5kW 28v Weight 90 Kg Make: Torn EMI Electronics Ltd

****Overhalled in crates**** ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Strange, I copied and pasted URL straight from the address bar and I have just checked it in 'history', but you are quite right the link seems to be a dud.

Reply to
Nick H

Yes, not something you would want to pay money for if there was any question mark over its serviceability. Engine is a Fichtel and Sachs unit and ISTR we used to have them reconditioned by Norton. Quite a few came back as BER hence I have small collection of knackered bits (I'm looking at a rotor on my desk right now).

Reply to
Nick H

Reply to
David Beet

Cymbeline is still in service in many parts of the world and probably still has support contracts running. £200 is a very small fraction of what it would cost to get your new power unit through 'official' channels.

BTW. Cymbeline's predecessor, Green Archer, was powered by an Enfield '80' flat twin diesel. It lived in a large trailer mounted cylindrical enclosure, officially called the silent power unit, but known within EMI as the tumble dryer!

Reply to
Nick H

If you are really lucky I might put up some pics of the BER bits I rescued from the company skip. Doesn't look much like jewellery though after being marinated in rat excrement in my 'low access' shed for years ;-)

Reply to
Nick H

£200.00 is a lot for a box.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Might raise a few eyebrows with the neighbours if I parked that in the drive ;-)

Where was it from? Reconditioning and selling sets captured during the gulf war was nice little business for a while.

Reply to
Nick H

To us, yes, but to a lot of industries a small portable unit with 1.5kW output at 24V would be very useful, and far cheaper than getting something built. 60A output could be used for jumpstarting trucks, aircraft earth movers etc etc.

Its lightness is probably a bonus. The carriage looks a bit excessive at £70.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

I'll put it another way, I would have liked to see inside it :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

OK, probably not much to see, and half an hours work to get the top cover off. Looks like a fibreglass moulded cover...

The F&S Wankels are a lovely little engine, real jewellery!

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Peter,

Now your winding me up with expectations of something I cant see. :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

I imagine you haven't seen it for years ;-) ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

was a lot of it) Cymbeline radar system , if you are interested. steve the grease

Reply to
R L Driver

Was that the guy flogging one attached to its own FV432 ? I think it's in Wiltshire now (and still looking for an owner)

Reply to
Andy Dingley