radar Level Measurement

Dear Sirs,

We are interested in level measurement by radar type transmitter for the following application.

Would be obliged to recieve your recommendation of a suitable product for the same.

Open PIT , 3 metres deep.Waste water,Temp.40 Deg.C.,Viscosity 0.66 CP,Sp.Gr.0.99.

Regards,

Radhakrishnan Chief Instrument Engineer. Saipem India Project Services Chennai

0091-44-55840163
Reply to
Ramesh S

I've used two kinds. Endress and Hauser, and Ohmart Vega. I found the Ohmart Vega's to be much better and easier to set up. They have a new line out called plics. That is what I would suggest.

Curtis

Reply to
Curtis

SAAB

Reply to
Walter Driedger

What's wrong with Enraf?? They're easier to set up.

Cameron:-)

Reply to
Cameron Dorrough

Nothing wrong that I know of. Client insisted on SAAB. They worked. And besides, SAAB is Rosemount now and Rosemount is popular in Alberta.

Walter.

Reply to
Walter Driedger

Sounds like a good application for a bubbler system to me.

Any specific reasons why you require an expensive radar instrument in this application?

Reply to
PuNx

For waste water? (What a waste!! :-)

A cheap ultrasonic (like a Hawk) would do the job just as well and for a lot less hassle and cost.

Cameron:-)

Reply to
Cameron Dorrough

I guess it all depends on how you define waste water and the sophistication of the end-user. I come from a refinery background where Rosemount dp cells are commonly a stocked warehouse item. Most likely all the instrument tech's could install, configure and commission a simple bubbler system in a day.

Plus I wouldn't have to worry about any area classification problems, or misting, or foaming or temperature problems associated with an ultrasonic

Reply to
PuNx