Level and dinsity measurement

Can somebody point me in right direction? I am looking for transducer to measure a liquid level and density at the same time in underground tank. Do I have to use two separate sensors or such device exists as single? TIA, Hot

Reply to
haka

You need two outputs to report the results of the two inputs. That sounds like two sensors to me.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Avins

What I meant was if single device existed giving "dual output", analog or digital, so there is less mechanical work involved when installing it. Name of a manufacturer would be great.

Reply to
haka

Because you want to measure density, you will have to use two sensors.

Most density set-ups (eg Rosemount, Yokogawa) have a hydrostatic pressure transmitter at the bottom of the tank and either another on the tank side higher up, or a level gauge (capacitive, servo, radar, whatever) on the tank top.

Level and temperature is common as a single transmitter setup - but not level and density.

Cameron:-)

Reply to
Cameron Dorrough

This might help:

Kelvin B. Hales Kelvin Hales Associates Limited Consulting Process Control Engineers Web:

Kelvin Hales