Radar models

I have just finished several books on history of radar, and would love to build some models on the subject. I have not built armour for
decades, and don't know what is available. Are there any kits for WW2 ground radar systems, field air defense stuff?
Don Stauffer wrote:

Donald:
    I have to admit, this is a really different idea, and I don't believe I have seen anything of this nature. I know there was the radar van for the 90 mm skysweeper in 1/32 scale some years ago, and there may have been a kit of the radar van for the patriot missile system done after it got all that publicity in the first gulf war. Beyond that, nothing, and certainly nothing from W.W.II era.     Somewhere, long ago, I did see a large model of a British Chain-Home radar station circa 1940, but that was a completely scratch built model.
                            Bill Shuey
Heh heh.... You could easily scratch build a PAVE-PAWS, it looks for all the world like a Jawa sand cruiser.
--
Rich Cox
William H. Shuey wrote:

There are a few resin & PE kits of mobile German radars from WWII. Best place to ask is the forums on www.missing-lynx.com
grey snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Gray Ghost) wrote in

for

Ah a little checking pays off. Look on eBay
ARII kits: Arii Patriot Antenna Mast-Desert Storm Arii Patriot Radar MPQ53 Desert Storm Arii PATRIOT CONTROLLER MSQ104
1:48 scale Patriot Missile - HELLER # 81138
There isn't a missile kit for ARII listed but it's just a matter of time. Or buy the Heller and the Arii support equipment.
grey snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Gray Ghost) wrote:

Yes, there is a missile launcher. It's the only one of the set I have.
Dom

must have been a honker..even in smal scales.
Don Stauffer wrote:

Interesting subject.
Not specifically a field air defense radar, but I remember seeing a Wurzburg in resin/PE within the last couple of years. I did a search and came up with
http://www.lindenhillimports.com/extratech.htm
The Extratech model number should be M7216, not 7202.
Many companies carry that kit if you do further searches.
John Hairell ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com)