What I did today

Gentlemen,

Rally season over I have been doing a few little jobs around the house today but when I finished I was allowed to play. I took my Lister A to Dorset this year with my mate who when starting it commented on the fact that the starting did not have a revolving handle and it caused him some pain. After we returned home he appeared one evening with a piece of brass bar 3/4 in OD about a foot long, he gave it to me muttering fix the starting handle. So this afternoon I have machined a nice brass handle for my Lister A starting handle with a nice brass retaining cap on the end. Hope he likes it :-))

Martin P

Semper in Excrementem Altitudo Solus Varius

My Photo's :-

Also you will find some here

campingstoveman

This weekend had something of a 'last chance' feel about it, so I thought it imperative that an engine should be extracted and tinkered with before winter stops play. The little Maytag twin was closest to the door so I mixed up pint of petroil, tipped it in and after a couple of kicks off it went, settling down to a typical off-load irregular putter. Next, out came the

250W GE dynamo that I had been intending to team up with the engine for ages - I'd sat the two next to each other before and thought the arrangement reasonably pleasing to the eye
but never actually run it as a set. With the two roughly bolted together and a tatty old V-belt found, I started it up again and was pleased that just the drag of the dynamo smoothed out the running a good deal. I loaded it with a couple of light bulbs (250V, but they still make a cheerful glow on 115) and let it run, expecting the fuel to run out reasonably quickly. After an hour or so I thought I'd better shut down in deference to the neighbours (haven't quite worked out a silencing arrangement yet!) and drained what remained of the fuel onto the gravel path for fiery disposal. Perhaps I'll get round to building the set onto a proper frame this winter - or perhaps not!

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H