OT; looking for assistance

Gentlemen,

My Daughter has a Sony Handycam Digital 8 DCR-TRV265E PAL, she connects to a Video recorder to save her filming but I want to use the Digital feature unfortunately the Picture Package Ver 1 is basically c**p and even though the computer see's the camera I only appear to record the sound. Windows Video Recorder also see's the camera and records something I cant see or hear. Does anybody have any idea's or suggest software that works please.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Seems you are not the only one with problems Martin You may find the answer here

I still have the chinese genny on the shelf.Enstone maybe ?? Mike.H.

Mike.H.

I had a similar problem some years ago. My camcorder would only receive sound when IT was recording. Connecting it to a VCR recorded just pictures. The camcorder had to be recording onto it's own tape to activate the sound part. I assume it was to avoid feedback.

John

Reply to
John

:-

Martin, how are you connecting to the computer? USB? Firewire? or what?

Fred

Reply to
g6zru

USB cable direct to computer.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Gentlemen,

After a frustrating week I found the problem was a dicky USB connection on the PC, now I have to find suitable software to use.

campingstoveman