OT; looking for assistance

Gentlemen,
My Daughter has a Sony Handycam Digital 8 DCR-TRV265E PAL, she connects to a
Video recorder to save her filming but I want to use the Digital feature
unfortunately the Picture Package Ver 1 is basically c**p and even though
the computer see's the camera I only appear to record the sound. Windows
Video Recorder also see's the camera and records something I cant see or
hear. Does anybody have any idea's or suggest software that works please.
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman
Seems you are not the only one with problems Martin You may find the answer here
I still have the chinese genny on the shelf.Enstone maybe ?? Mike.H.
Mike.H.
I had a similar problem some years ago. My camcorder would only receive sound when IT was recording. Connecting it to a VCR recorded just pictures. The camcorder had to be recording onto it's own tape to activate the sound part. I assume it was to avoid feedback.
John
Reply to
John
:-
Martin, how are you connecting to the computer? USB? Firewire? or what?
Fred
Reply to
g6zru
USB cable direct to computer.
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman
Gentlemen,
After a frustrating week I found the problem was a dicky USB connection on the PC, now I have to find suitable software to use.
Martin P
campingstoveman