A question for the UK retailers on this group

Dear UK retailer

Have you heard anything from Peco about the availability of their Code

83 No.8 points?

According to their advert in the September 2006 Model Railroader, these are due in the USA in September.

I have been unable to find anything about this on their web site. The "Latest product news" page has the original code 83 announcement on it, and nothing about these new items. To say that I am unimpressed with them would be a slight understatement.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

You want to know when Peco will be releasing a product in the US but are asking UK retailers, would it not be better to ask in rec.models.railroad?!

Reply to
Jerry

NO, I think Jane is asking the UK retailers when a product will be released in the UK, which happens to be released in the US in September.

Reply to
John Ruddy

"Jane Sullivan" wrote

Not yet, but assuming they're scheduled for realease in the USA (their main Code 83 market) I would imagine they will be a month or so later here.

I'll email Peco and see if they will clarify the situation.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Peco, email - an oxymoron surely

Reply to
ricardianno

What he really meant by "e-mail", was to chip out a message on the stone tablet.

That's where Peco are in the communication evolution, aren't they?

-- Cheers

Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Roger T. said the following on 15/08/2006 08:35:

I have visions of a lone computer sitting in Peco Towers somewhere, on an alter within it's own little temple. Once each blue moon, an honoured member of staff approaches the sacred object and tentatively reachs for the "on" button. Once the valves have reached operating temperature, it bursts into life with the single message. "You have mail." The computer is ceremoniously switched off again, and the honoured staff member dashes downstairs to the letterbox to retrieve the mail...

Reply to
Paul Boyd

In message , Jerry writes

No, Jerry, I know when they'll be releasing it in the US, and I want to know when they'll be releasing it in the UK.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

In message , John Turner writes

Thanks

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Can't be right. Somehow, they manage to get the artwork for the all important ads, or do they rely on advertisers sending them a box of floppies, by post? ;-)

Reply to
Kevin Martin

want to

So why not just say that! :~P

Reply to
Jerry

"John Turner" wrote

Peco tell me that production is underway and they expect that stocks will become available during the first half of September.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In message , Jerry writes

I did. Perhaps you'd better reread my first message, in which I asked UK retailers if they knew about the availability of these items (by implication, since I was asking UK retailers, this means availability in the UK), and I stated I knew the availability in the US.

It is not my problem if you totally misinterpreted my mail.

Have a nice day.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Jerry said the following on 15/08/2006 11:47:

She did. Everyone else understood what Jane meant.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

On 15/08/2006 11:16, Kevin Martin said,

'Tis so! But the floppies must be 8" single sided single density. :-)

Reply to
Paul Boyd

I would have replied with the same answer, after recently asking Peco via e-mail. I received a very informative reply that will help me to plan the rest of my code 83 trackwork.

Unfortunately the information was pretty negative concerning the rest of the range. If we have to wait as long for the next items as we have for the #8's I will have spent my pennies elsewhere.

But as the original poster was only asking retailers..........

Joking with the last line of course. Some folk get so strung out.

There is an email address out in cyber space, it's just not up front.

Out of interest, John do you actually stock the code 83 stuff?

Regards Len

Reply to
Len

"Len" wrote

We do, but only in relatively small quantities.

John.

Reply to
John Turner