AD Stafford Exhibition This Weekend

"simon" wrote

Would that be the LMS ex-LNER K4 ? OK might have come to see it, but if you can keep to quality engines defintately more interesting !

Cheers, Simon

Eh ? No, LNER ! Now in BR... Never said owt about LMS !

Gone now, back to the Standard 4mt, Ditcheat manor (going to Shrewsbury when ticket expires later this month) and the S160 (which is going to the GWR for a term)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis CVMRD

"Andy Sollis CVMRD" wrote I think I will avoid the railway for a few weeks and stay at home in Notts ! Andy

Absolutely NO reason to do so. The containers are double sealed and disinfected, and every vehicle is escorted.

The local MP, Charlotte Atkins has assured local residents that they are at no risk.

Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends is looking forward to meeting everyone again this weekend and next Tuesday and Wednesday.

Dave W

Reply to
David Westerman

"Andy Sollis CVMRD" wrote I think I will avoid the railway for a few weeks and stay at home in Notts ! Andy

Absolutely NO reason to do so. The containers are double sealed and disinfected, and every vehicle is escorted.

The local MP, Charlotte Atkins has assured local residents that they are at no risk.

Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends is looking forward to meeting everyone again this weekend and next Tuesday and Wednesday.

Dave W

Dave, Sorry, that was meant as a joke, but it didn't come across that way... I'll be there on Satiurday I hope, back in number 2 cab of 47524 !

Reply to
Andy Sollis CVMRD

In article , Chris Wilson writes

Chris, hope I'm not the one with the hygiene problem! A fair summary of the club, except that some of us occasionally do some work on the layouts. Since your time we have a lady member and another lad on the edge of the autistic spectrum.

Incidentally we're taking Farnborough Road to the Tonbridge show on 17 February. Busy fettling it up.

Reply to
John Bishop

John Bishop wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ddrummond.demon.co.uk:

I would imagine that you can picture who I have in mind :-)

Yup, I remember that, second Monday last May and I think there was a day in Feb as well IIRC :-)

Oh errr ... I might make more of an effort.

I'll try to pop over, as it happens I'm "on the desk" for the next month or two so I have a bit more free time ... albeit I have to spend 6 weeks on and off in North London. In any event I still have a couple of books from the library.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Was in the town hall, excellent parking at the back. Even Churnet Valley had a table - so must be good.

DEMU is the biggest diesel and electric event of the year - it dont appeal to me so cant comment.

Another really friendly one is Barrow on Soar - think its usually held in loughborogh, but last year they were at swannington.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"simon" wrote Was in the town hall, excellent parking at the back. Even Churnet Valley had a table - so must be good.

Cheers, Simon

Did we ?? Was it a very tall chap with whispry grey hair, glasses and a big smile ?? If so, Sadly, it would have been Donald and he passed away last week. :-(

I fear some of our unsung advertising will have gone with him! :-(

All the best

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis CVMRD

"John Bishop" wrote Incidentally we're taking Farnborough Road to the Tonbridge show on 17 February. Busy fettling it up.

Reply to
Andy Sollis CVMRD

Was two very pleasant ladies - why did they giggle when your name mentioned ?

Cheers, simon

Reply to
simon

"simon" wrote

Was two very pleasant ladies - why did they giggle when your name mentioned ?

Cheers, simon

No idea !! :-)

Ask me another on motor sports !

Andy