Bachmann 56XX 0-6-2T

Who was it who had trouble with the Bachmann 56XX 0-6-2T?

You can't have done, you must have been making it up. After all, look at the review on p.39 of the February BRM:

Performance is exemplary with smooth running at all speed ranges and no limping or wobbling caused by poorly fitted wheels or bad quartering.

Well, there it is in black and white, so it must be true.

Reply to
John Sullivan

"John Sullivan" wrote

Cynic! ;-)

How's the one I sent you performing John? It was the only decent runner out of the first batch I received, but others have been ok since then.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

If I remember rightly we sent at least three poor runners back from the first batch. I remember Peter Edwards from bachmann said the two centre screws on the chassis were over tightened?

Good ones are good though.

Reply to
piemanlarger

In message , John Turner writes

I bought two from you, one from the first lot (5658) and one from the next (6624). They are both absolutely wonderful, running slowly and hauling lots of stuff. I generally measure haulage capacity by the number of "weightless" Bachmann Mark 1 coaches a loco will start up my 1 in 78 incline from rest without slipping: these will manage 11, which is more than the 45XX 2-6-2T (the most this will handle is 9).

Reply to
John Sullivan