Code 75

What RTR locomotives and rolling stock can run straight on peco code 75
finescale track?
Mainly I want to know if Bachmann blue ribbon ones will.
Reply to
Mark W
I have the same question, although I do know that the Bachmann Blue Ribband models and the new designed from scratch Hornby models are fitted with suitable RP25 wheels.
As for the rest I don't know........I reckon the Lima wheel flanges are too deep....
Alan
Reply to
Alan Rathbone
All this stuff runs fine on Peco Code 75, including Lima - try it for yourself rather than believing one of the classic urban myths of our hobby. You *might* find the odd old Lima item that has flanges that are too deep, but I never have - and for my sins I've had absolutely shedloads of it over the years. All of this:
is being built with Code 75.
Even if you did find the odd old item of Lima stock that didn't work, which would make more sense - swapping a couple of wheels or redesigning the whole layout to accomodate them?
-- Regards,
Steve Jones, Shropshire, England
Big Trains:
Trains:

Steve Jones
Thanks Steve, I was actually planning on using Code 75 for Gyle TMD!
Cheers Alan
Reply to
Alan Rathbone
Anything built to NMRA recommended practices. :-)
-- Cheers Roger T.
of the Great Eastern Railway
Reply to
Roger T.
Thanks. That basically means it'll be okay.
Reply to
Mark W
Mark W
The Bachmann Blue Riband models certainly do. From personal experience I can vouch for the Crab, Std 5, Std 4, Std 4MT Tank, Ivatt 2-6-2T and the Maunsell N Class as well as the Mk1 coaches and lots of the goods stock.
I can only speak for the more modern Hornby stuff, but the Black 5, Stanier 8F, Merchant Navy and West Country models run perfectly on it.
-- Enzo
I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.
Reply to
Enzo Matrix
You mention using Peco Code 75, that'll be no problem. Lima and other coarse flanges really only have trouble on the tighter standards of C&L and Exactoscale track, where the chairs are higher and hence tend to foul the deeper flanges and have more difficulty through the finescale pointwork.
Ian J.
Reply to
Ian J.
"Enzo Matrix" wrote
Every single Bachmann items I've tried will work on Code 75 along with most Hornby items. Some Lima can rumble a bit through the pointwork, but not enough to cause problems.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
Untrue. Some wheels within the NMRA standard will derail on Peco and other brands. Fortunately most manufacturers do not use the NMRA standard.
Reply to
Terry Flynn