DC Kits?

Anyone know what happened? Their website is down and a redirect page says the domain name is for sale.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Yes I wondered about that. I simply though that the Webserver had died.

Reply to
Robert Wilson

Reply to
Simon Judd

Doesn't the webmaster post here, Model Depot? The sister site, D&E Video, is still up, I suspect that a renewal has been over looked.

Reply to
Jerry

Oh dear, bit embarrasing. I was hoping to buy a 114 DMU kit as I want to do the SYPTE livered one that I used to bash between Sheffield and Donny when I was but a lad. Happy days.

Rob.

Reply to
Robert Wilson

Simon may like to know that the link for the DMUs is down ;)

Reply to
Lester Caine

news:45954219$0$8715$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net...

looked.

Try using Google catched web pages to find the contact details?

Reply to
Jerry

Hi all, If you go to

Class 114 derby Heavy is listed and the other DMU Kits The pictures will be there some time tomorrow The new look site is a live site and works so if you want you can buy the

114 there. The DC Kits site as said earlier will be down for a while. the Loco`s and EMU`s are listed on the older part of the Model Depot site
click on EMU / DEMU / or Loco

Kindest regards Simon Judd

( webmaster ) p.s. the Loco`s and EMU`s will be listed tomorrow on the Model Depot site in the new area and deleted from the old area

Reply to
Model Depot

Model Depot

The DC Kits site is now working Kindest regards Simon Judd

(webmaster)

Reply to
Simon Judd

Thanks for the heads-up. I was looking for details of the new AL-1 and was disappointed to find it relies on a black beetle bogie for propulsion.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

On 08/01/2007 18:11, kim said,

"Relies on"?? As it's a kit, couldn't you use your own preference? Have you come across the High Level Kits bogies?

I don't know in terms of wheelbase whether any are suitable, but they've got to be worth a look.

I don't like Black Beetles either, and for a DC Kits Derby Lightweight I've ordered a chassis kit from Bill Bedford,

These are fairly generic, and you might find one of these suitable, but I think it will depend on what sort of loads you're pulling. The HST chassis, when it's available, might be worth a try.

Just trying to help!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

It's the drive unit supplied with the kit which suggests there's no room for a modern centre-drive unit.

Steve Jones (remember him?) recommends the drive bogie from the Bachmann Warship. Incidentally, Steve just updated his website for the first time in months.

For a DMU I can see the advantages of an underfloor unit like the Black Beetle, but not for a passenger express locomotive. Even then I would prefer to hide a full size drive unit in the guard's compartment.

Brilliant, I didn't realise something like that was available.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

kim said the following on 08/01/2007 19:28:

Ah - I hadn't looked closely enough to realise that the Black Beetle is foisted upon you - seems to be a retrograde step not to offer a "body only" kit for those that would like the choice.

I hope that's better than the Mainline Warship drive bogie :-)

Reply to
Paul Boyd