East Coast Main Line model railway on display Gainsborough

Gainsborough Standard

9th October 2008

" One of the largest O gauge model railways in the country will be open to the public this Sunday 12th October.

Gainsborough Model Railway Society will be operating its layout based on the East Coast Main Line from King's Cross to Leeds Central. "

The railway, situated on Florence Terrace, is open from 1pm to 6pm Admission :- Adults =A33 Senior citizens & children =A32 Family ticket (two plus two) =A38

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Sorry forgot link :-

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

An even better link:

Peter

Reply to
Peter James

Yes it is a better link ....

When I opened the page and saw the photo it took my mind back many years when I used to go with my Nan to the Roundhouse @ Derby to collect her 'free' rail tickets.

You used to have to walk across a long wooden / metal bridge / walkway over the station and yard. Being able to look down at the loco's standing, arriving or departing was a great sight, something I am sorry my son will never be able to experience.

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart