FA Airfix Monty'S Humber staff car General Montgomery ww2

Airfix, Monty's Humber ,Boxed,unopened parts,plan,transfers etc. Slightly worn box,otherwise a good sound kit.

Ruthie

One and a half lines of description and sixteen lines of terms and conditions!

And its not even on topic.

Paul

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4684 (20091213) __________

Paul Stevenson

And the fact that it's a commercial seller makes it even worse IMO.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

"Ruthie" wrote

And the relevence to model railways? Go away and spam elsewhere.

John,

Reply to
John Turner

A vehicle. A Scenery item.

Isn't spam banned in the UK?

Reply to
LDosser

.

Why? Commercial adverts are specifically allowed by the group charter.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

But does E Bay

Reply to
Trev
[groups cut]

: Why? Commercial adverts are specifically allowed : by the group charter.

Again the MBQ proves his ignorance...

Commercial adverts are only allowed if they are commercial adverts *from the model railway trade*, (crim)eBay is not a model railway trader - just a online auction house - nor is the advert on topic in any case, just because something /could/ be used on a model railway doesn't make it explicitly on-topic (otherwise we would have traders advertising their Dulux paint here etc.), one would not have walked into a model railway shop to buy the kit in question and expect to find it on the shelves, unlike had it been a kit for the original Airfix kit of a 9F for example.

Reply to
Jerry

I suggest you look at yourself in the mirror.

I'll quote from the charter "Adverts should be clearly marked in the subject line (the words "AD", "For Sale", "Exhibition" or "Commercial" at the start of the subject line are recommended). Short (less than 20 line) commercial announcements relevant to UK rail model making are permitted (either manufacturers or traders), though extensive advertising lists are not permitted (these should be available by mail, ftp or http to interested readers). Commercial advertisers should not post adverts more frequently than once per month."

Where does it say they must be from model railway traders?

I was discussing the fact of commercial adverts being allowed in response to the comment (which you conveniently snipped) "the fact that it's a commercial seller makes it even worse".

In this particular case it was an Ebay listing but that wasn't the point under discussion.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

SNIP.... In this particular case it was an Ebay listing but that wasn't the point under discussion.

MBQ

================== I'm quite pleased with ebay at the moment, I've 'won' my 5th item, a kit built 2P for £30 (after postage). Couldnt see what kit it was but for that price just couldnt resist it.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

We had a good deal recently on some headphones from the Ebay Argos clearance shop. There was interesting article in the news that fixed price "buy it now" sales now outnumber auction sales.

I model in N and have decided it's just not worth buying old Grafar locos, so I'm mostly buying new at the moment.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

We had a good deal recently on some headphones from the Ebay Argos clearance shop. There was interesting article in the news that fixed price "buy it now" sales now outnumber auction sales.

I model in N and have decided it's just not worth buying old Grafar locos, so I'm mostly buying new at the moment.

MBQ =======================

Accept thats its a bit of a gamble with these kits, but this one looks very good as is. Still at worst will end up with some components - its got white metal buckets on it - and at best a variant of a good loco.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

:> Again the MBQ proves his ignorance... : : I suggest you look at yourself in the mirror.

Attack being the best form of defence and all that...

: Where does it say they must be from model railway traders?

Were does it say that *non railway* adverts are allowed? Again you have missed the point completely

Reply to
Jerry

wrote

The charter requires them to be on-topic. A 1/32nd scale scale is really stretchung that relevence.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Given the innaccuracies we tolerate, it's close enough to G scale to be relevant.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Attack being the best form of trolling.

I'm quite clear about the point I was making, which was purely whether or not the ad being commercial made it worse than a non-commercial ad.

The FACT is that the charter does not ban commercial ads so long as they are "relevant to UK rail model making". It does not stipulate what the traders business should be.

In *this particular case* it was an Ebay ad which may be bad. There's no prohibition in the charter, but I haven't checked what Ebay say about this recently.

Also, *in this particular case* there are differeing opinions as to whether the item is suitable for model railway use.

It's you who's attempting to stretch the discussion over the last two points.

My point was quite clear to those skilled in the art and use of the English language.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

: My point was quite clear to those skilled in : the art and use of the English language.

Yes, you were simply WRONG...

Reply to
Jerry
[groups cut]

: Given the innaccuracies we tolerate, it's close : enough to G scale to be relevant.

By that logic, so would adverts for dulux paint, wood screws, office furniture hardware fittings (many could find a use on the baseboards), electric wire supplies, light fittings (after all we all light out railway rooms), oh and as we house our railways often in parts of the family house) how about mortgage adverts - they are all as relevant as the OP was...

Reply to
Jerry

What scale is that then?

If you want to take things to ridiculous extremes, be my guest.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Prove it. Put up or shut up.