FA Airfix Monty'S Humber staff car General Montgomery ww2

"jeff" wrote

uk.rec.models.rail is as it says - a group for UK modellers or modellers modelling UK prototypes.

The fact that this is also cross-posted to rec.toys.vintage shows the OP has scant regard for good practice.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Well, it seems to depend on the prototype. What appears to matter most is the relative bulk of vehicles and the buildings they stand next to. We tend to see vehicles as smaller than they really are; this is the effect of how we see the "less important" vs "more important" (which also messes up a lot of photographs - you know, the ones where Aunt Emmie is a tiny little person in the middle of a landscape. You didn't notice how small she was in the frame when you looked at the viewfinder.)

So a 1:43 model will tend to look too big next to 1:48, and a 1:50 about right. However, I have noticed that placing 1:43 and 1:50 next to each other does not look right, regardless of the relative sizes of the prototypes. eg, a 1:43 Austin Mini next to 1:50 tank truck looks too big.

HTH wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

Yeah, it does. The mini/truck adds clarity. Thanks.

Reply to
LDosser