FA Airfix Monty'S Humber staff car General Montgomery ww2

:> : My point was quite clear to those skilled in :> : the art and use of the English language. :>

:> Yes, you were simply WRONG...

: Prove it. Put up or shut up.

I have, unfortunately you do not seem to have the skills you mentioned above, as anyone who bothers to read - and more importantly - understand the groups Charter will know. But then should anyone actually expect a Google groupie to understand anything about the ethics of Usenet. :~(

Reply to
Jerry

Fuck all left to reply to

Reply to
Jerry

Ah, the old proof by assertion gambit.

All you have to do is quote the relevant bit of the charter and show that I'm wrong. To make it easy, I'll even give you the URL

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Fuck all left to reply to.

Reply to
Jerry

If you're a Rivet Counter.

Reply to
LDosser

I'm glad I still have Jerry killfiled - I wish others did. Occasionally he makes valid points, but then he always lets his mouth run away with him.

Reply to
MartinS

And the mouth ran away with the thread ... :)

Reply to
LDosser

wrote

Not sure there's any such scale. If you mean G-gauge that encompasses a gross variety of scales.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Sorry, badly worded on my part.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

It always follows a familiar pattern.

Hurl abuse at someone and make some specious claim that they're wrong.

Show a complete inability to come up with any evidence when challenged.

Attack the medium (Google groups) rather then the message when he knows he's lost.

Close down the thread by snipping all context.

I used to think Jerry was a spotty kid using Daddy's computer. Now I think it's just a computer program written by some spotty kid. The long periods of absence are due to some kind of system upgrade. Unfortunately this version is no better than the last.

We'll have to hope Jerry2010 will be a bit more functional.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Sorry, badly worded on my part.

MBQ

-----

Gauge 1 has two accepted standard scales, namely 10 mm = 1 foot (1:30.48) and 3/8 inch = 1 foot (1:32).

Reply to
John Nuttall

: Hurl abuse at someone and make some specious claim that they're wrong.

Talking about himself again...

Reply to
Jerry

"John Nuttall" wrote

As far as I'm aware the UK 'standard' for Gauge 1 is 10mm:1ft scale.

It's very much minority interest however.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

As I found out when trying to decide between G1 and O, it's moving that way, but there's still plenty of 3/8in out there (one kit manufacturer does both scales!) - notably Bachmann Brass (though new models will be

10mm I believe). There's also Aristocraft's uk outline which is different again....

I've just checked the Gauge 1 Society's web page and they still adhere to both scales, but I have to question their assertion that both major scales can work together - they might work, but look wrong.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamends

45mm Track has a number of uses, and while 'Gauge 1' 10mm and 3/8" scale is the nominal scale, G Scale is 1:22.5. However 15mm and 16mm scale narrow gayge is also popular on 45mm track. 15mm being used to model the various 3ft gauge real life railways. I'm building a nice collection of Isle of Man stock in 15mm ....
Reply to
Lester Caine

And I believe Monty's Humber was 1/32.

Reply to
LDosser

LDosser wrote: [...]

Wording confuses gauge and scale, I think. Again. 10mil (UK only) and

1:32 are for modelling standard gauge (4' 8.5") on gauge 1 (45mm) track. This has definitely become a minority interest.

Most people now use 1 (45mm) for several narrow gauges, the most common being meter gage (1:22) and 3ft gauge (1:20.3). For both these scales,

1:24 is usual for buildings, figures, vehicles, etc. Nice mish mash, but the 6ft rule ("usual viewing distance") shows that the differences in scale aren't noticeable. Also, because of the large variation in clearance diagrams for narrow gauges, running meter gauge and 3ft gauge or even 2ft gauge stock together doesn't offend the eye at all.

OTOH, Aristocraft and USA Trains make 1:29 scale standard gauge trains for 45mm track. Why? Because 1:32 trains don't look bulky enough next to narrow gauge stock. And the largest market is garden railways, whose operators want standard gauge trains to look bigger....

Then there's Thomas, whose scale is indefinable. ;-) But he looks good running on 45mm track.

cheers, Wolf K.

Reply to
Wolf K

Now there is even more confusion "mil" is US parlance for "thou".

Jeff

Reply to
jeff

Sorry about that, I'll rewrite:

"... 10mm scale (UK only)..."

There mow, that should do the job.

wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

Do you have an opinion on the overall appearance of 1/43 scale vehicles with

1/48 scale railroad models (including buildings)? I tend to favor 1/50, but far more is available in 1/43. In 1/48 about all that is available is a few WWII military models (AFAIK, not Monty's Humber) such as Russian jeep equivalents and wee 10hp British vans.
Reply to
LDosser