Ffestiniog and North Whales Locos

Last year our family had a very enjoyable vacation in Wales, riding several of the little narrow gauge railways. I'd be interested in obtaining models of some of the locomotives used there, such as the double Fairlies and Garretts.

I model in HO gauge, so something in On30 would likely be operable on my layout. Or a true HO scale (2' guage?) loco.

If anyone knows of sources for such models I'd appreciate hearing from you. rs

Reply to
Rick Stern

Try Backwoods Miniatures. Various models in 4mm scale (OO9) and 7mm scale (O narrow gauge) which would meet your criteria. They are complex but complete kits. Will require use of soldering iron, but will go together properly and will very nicely when finished - designed by someone who knows how to design kits.

- Nigel (no connection other than a customer for one or two of their kits)

Reply to
NC

The links page On

Might be of interest

Near all Fffestiniog locos are available as kits in 7 mm scale to run on either 16.5 or 14 mm track

Reply to
Trev

Thanks Trev...unfortunately the links don't seem to lead to any manufacturers. Can you suggest some specifics? rs

Reply to
Rick Stern

Wrightlines make some Welsh locos in 7mm, IIRC.

Reply to
Mark Newton

For the Garrets and others look at

especially

Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

On the subject of misspelled place names I was readng a book about railways in North Wales and was amused to find there is a station there called 'Red Wharf'.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

What's so smegging amusing about that? :-)

Reply to
Mark Newton

It's all very depressing really... Oops! Wrong show.

Reply to
MartinS

Nice one!

Reply to