Glimer of sanity on the horizon

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:48:57 +1300, "Greg.Procter"

Wonder if it was left as a "space" in case former Hornby Dublo 2 rail track was going to be continued? Or is that what Super 4 was based on. I had a Tri-ang set* but ISTR that my mate who had a Dublo set had much finer track.
*series 3 so almost anything looked better,though in later years it was utilized for an experiment with 7mm narrow gauge in which role it didn't look too bad.
G.harman

Fairly sure Tri-ang was on Super 4 when HD was absorbed (1964) HD as series 5 would make sense.

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:48:57 +1300, Greg.Procter wrote:

I'm sure that it was "Super 4" and "System 6" - I can remember by dad bringing home a couple of "converter sections" for the two types that allowed me to use Peco track with my then massive collection of Super 4. I never did buy any System 6!
Cheers Richard
--
I have become...............comfortably numb

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 23:47:30 +1300, beamends

Here in NZ Lines Bros only ever produced Series 3. I think Standard had previously been imported from the UK too go with NZ trains. I don't thing any Super 4 was produced here. By that time I was buying Graham Farish and Peco and model trains so I lost track of Lines-NZ products.