Graffiti artists

Wherever you go these days you see graffiti, buildings, walls etc. and trains. Even preserved railways do not escape their attention but for the most part on carriages yet to be restored.

Some of these illegal illustrations, especially in the US, are works of art, but I only recall ever seeing one model layout with a graffiti covered loco.

Have any forum members seen any good models with this unique 'livery' ?

Reply to
Dragon Heart

I dont do modern image. an H shaped TV aerial Is rare for me

Reply to
Trev

Pre 50's then !

But even then they had " wot no ...... "

Yes graffiti is a form of vandalism but it is a part of life, both now and in the 40's & 50's.

H shaped TV aerial .... will they pick up digital ?

Reply to
Dragon Heart

You can buy "graffiti" decals to decorate your own.

Reply to
MartinS

You'd be lucky if they'd pick up BBC 1 in 405-line VHF.

Reply to
MartinS

Depends on your location. I sight of Emley Moor Mast (who isn't ) Coat hangers work fine. PS the metal ones not the plastic ones

Reply to
Trev

Some people attempts at repaints would be classed as "graffiti" IMO, along with some TOC corporate liveries...

Reply to
Jerry

Hornby "Smokey Joe" was RTR...

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

Smoky Joe?

Reply to
Brian Watson

Microscale Decals offers a graffiti series. US "prototype", but the motifs and styles seem to be international, so they should suit a UK modern outline layout. Available from Walthers.

Lifelike 2000 offered a set of 12 CNR boxcars with graffiti. Out of production, but I have a few left on the shelves -- if any US modellers over there are interested contact me off-group.

HTH

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

m,

=BF=BDwalls etc.

Fortunately for the residents of my model railway it is not a democracy. The country is run by a particularly nasty dictator (me) who applies the appropriate punishment to any would be graffiti "artist". He would be shot on sight, hence no graffiti.

George

Reply to
furnessvale