Has E.bay gone a bit wrong ??

Whenever I go to the O gauge section it seems to have got a bit mixed up with OO gauge, Am i right ?. And also seems to be 2 O gauge sections, "O scale" & "Other O scale "

Any Ideas ??

Reply to
Mike

Whether it's right or wrong depends on your perspective, but E-bay have recently screwed up their categories big time.

Reply to
Ian Cornish

Its a bit frustrating isn't it !!

Reply to
Mike

I just listed a whole pile of stuff (mostly Hornby, Bachmann and Lima) on Ebay tonight and was astonished to find all the manufacturer specific categories have vanished except Lima and Dublo!

Everything wound up listed in OO scale Other and then when I was submitting listing, I get a freindly suggestion saying I should be more specific with my category selection!

I would love to be but they have deleted them all!!

How do you do a cheesed off emoticon?

Regards John M Upton (Ebay id jmupton2000 if you are interested)

My Fotopic Collections: South Central/Southern, Model Railway & Other Rail Pictures:

Bus Pics:

JMUpton2000

"JMUpton2000" wrote

:-( or

:-/

John.

Reply to
John Turner

What appears in each section is the choice of the sellers and the most ridiculous anamolies are possible. When you make a search then it is your choice and he system picks out the nearest things - you are able to refine this and even limit the geography. If I searched here on eBay France or the US using UK terminology then very little would result. Be patient and try combinations in your searches such O gauge and add locomotives , carriages, wagons etc or propose known manufacturers with the other details. Good luck!

Reply to
peter abraham

I have E.mailed Ebay and explained about the problem they have caused, I await a reply.. Im not bothering searching In O scale now as there seem to be more OO than anything else

Reply to
Mike

I agree, it sucks. It was hard enough finding anything other than Hornby tinplate before, now it's almost impossible.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"Mike" wrote

That's because there's an 'O' in 'OO' and the search engine is pulling those items too.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In message , John Turner writes

Can't you search for "O and not OO". You certainly can in Google, for example.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

You can search for "O" but not "OO" by entering o -oo in the search box.

Chris Jobson

Reply to
Chris Jobson

That's not the point. The "Categories" search tab on the left no longer works properly for "0 Scale"

(kim)

Reply to
kim