Has E.bay gone a bit wrong ??

Whenever I go to the O gauge section it seems to have got a bit mixed up
with OO gauge, Am i right ?.
And also seems to be 2 O gauge sections, "O scale" & "Other O scale "
Any Ideas ??
Reply to
Mike
Whether it's right or wrong depends on your perspective, but E-bay have recently screwed up their categories big time.
Reply to
Ian Cornish
I just listed a whole pile of stuff (mostly Hornby, Bachmann and Lima) on Ebay tonight and was astonished to find all the manufacturer specific categories have vanished except Lima and Dublo!
Everything wound up listed in OO scale Other and then when I was submitting listing, I get a freindly suggestion saying I should be more specific with my category selection!
I would love to be but they have deleted them all!!
How do you do a cheesed off emoticon?
Regards John M Upton (Ebay id jmupton2000 if you are interested)
My Fotopic Collections: South Central/Southern, Model Railway & Other Rail Pictures:
Bus Pics:

JMUpton2000
What appears in each section is the choice of the sellers and the most ridiculous anamolies are possible. When you make a search then it is your choice and he system picks out the nearest things - you are able to refine this and even limit the geography. If I searched here on eBay France or the US using UK terminology then very little would result. Be patient and try combinations in your searches such O gauge and add locomotives , carriages, wagons etc or propose known manufacturers with the other details. Good luck!
Reply to
peter abraham
I have E.mailed Ebay and explained about the problem they have caused, I await a reply.. Im not bothering searching In O scale now as there seem to be more OO than anything else
Reply to
Mike
I agree, it sucks. It was hard enough finding anything other than Hornby tinplate before, now it's almost impossible.
(kim)
Reply to
kim
That's not the point. The "Categories" search tab on the left no longer works properly for "0 Scale"
(kim)
Reply to
kim

Site Timeline