Ebay probs again..

I E.mailed Ebay about my problem with O scale section. O scale has become mixed up with OO scale, and there are 2 categories, O scale & Other O scale, Now try trawling through that lot looking for O scale only ! It must put of both sellers and purchasers alike ??

Reply to
Mike

"Mike" wrote

Try search for O -OO

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Your browser seems to be rendering the EBay site incorrectly. Do you use Internet Explorer or a different browser? I had a similar Ebay problem that only showed up in the latest version of Firefox but not in an older version or in IE.

Try downloading a different browser and see what happens. You can always uninstall it if it makes no difference. Don't expect Ebay to help BTW.

John

Reply to
John Rampling

Not when I look at Ebay. The "Other O scale" is a a sub-category of "O scale"

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

In message , John Rampling writes

An eBay problem, not a browser problem, unfortunately.

The 0 scale link leads directly to 00 scale, from where Other 0 Scale is a sub division, which means that all sorts of items are appearing within incorrect categories, which is going to upset both buyers and sellers - as the OP mentioned.

There are also non existent categories appearing.

Item 6032588167 appears to be under Collectibles > Trains Railway Models > O Scale > Coaches > Other O Scale Coaches, which does not exist.

Item 6032371668 appears to be under Collectibles > Trains Railway Models > O Scale > Wagons > Lionel Wagons, which does not exist.

Yes, I am looking at eBay.co.uk, not eBay.com :-)

Reply to
Graeme Eldred

No, it leads to the 0 scale category. The wagons categrory below that is a different one to the 00 wagons category.

It does! Go to Trains/Railway Models and follow the links through the categories.

Yes it does!

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

This whole debate seems a bit pointless, surely if you're looking for something on eBay then you search for that item? At least I do and it's almost irrelevent where it's catalogued.

If I want to say find Bachmann mineral wagons then I search for 'Bachmann mineral wagons' and I wouldn't even bother refining that to OO.

One the other hand if I want Fleischmann HO wagons I would would search for 'Fleischmann wagons -N' which would theoretically eliminate anything listed as N-scale or N-gauge.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

John Turner said the following on 03/02/2006 10:09:

I must admit that I tend to agree. I had assumed though that people were browsing categories to see what was there, rather than looking for specific items, so I kept schtumb for once!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

"Paul Boyd" wrote

LOL - I just wish I'd the time to look through thousands of eBay listings on the off-chance that I'd find something I might want, so I do only tend to look for specific items or generic items from specific manufacturers, which is why the 'brandname spammers' really annoy me.

Why does some clown think if I'm looking for Fleischmann or Roco think that something by Joueff or Lima might interest me?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

But surely the idea of having specific categories I.e O scale is so that you can look through and see whats on offer, I never actually just search for a specific item, I want to see the lot !

Is it me !!

Reply to
Mike

Try going to..Home > Buy > Collectables >Trains/Railway Models > O scale

What would that suggest ? O scale model railways ? No at the moment there are 3067 items starting with a Hornby Caledonian Local train set !! Then go to "Other O Scale" and there is more OO scale in there. Im not interested in OO scale so why cant I just select O scale products and see O scale products ??

Reply to
Mike

Try listing something in that category, then tell me it exists.

Try listing something in that category, then tell me it exists.

Reply to
Graeme Eldred

In message , Mike writes

Completely agree, Mike. I may browse through the items in a specific category, or those listed recently. I often skim through the complete 0 gauge listing, as it is usually only 3 or 4 pages long. I would probably not be quite so casual, were I interested in the 00 listings, as there are so many!

Reply to
Graeme Eldred

G'day, Don't the Different eBay sites have different categories. If you list on the US site you get a different list of categories to the UK or Australian sites. Graeme Hearn

Reply to
Graeme Hearn

I often browse the 0-Scale category as it's not very big and it often turns up items that I wouldn't otherwise have searched for. The drawback is having to wade through dozens of near-identical listings for Hornby tinplate.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Well, as long as I can make a distinction between Outrageous Other O scale and Other OO scale , everything is OOOK

(no need to throw, already gone ;-) :D lol :') :-? )

Reply to
jerome

"jerome" wrote

Some people make hard work of a perfectly logical system.

If you want OO-scale - then search for 'OO-scale' and then refine your search from the menu on the left hand-side of the eBay page.

If you want O-scale then follow the same rule of thumb.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I raised this problem some time ago with Ebay and they said they would sort it out, I still find it a pain, Why are oo mixed up with O scale in the first place, I have to disagree with you john, Its not logical as if you select O scale then 3000.odd OO items appear thats not logical !

( ducks under the table ready!!) ;-)

Reply to
Mike Dunning

"Mike Dunning" wrote

Why are you ducking?

I tender to search for 'O gauge -Hornby' then using the left side menu select 'Trains/Railway Models' and then select 'O gauge' - you can then further refine your search using 'Locomotives', 'Wagons' or 'Coaches' if you choose.

I've just done this using the first three criteria and it's given me 249 items to look at, which of course I could reduce further by selecting 'Locomotives', 'Wagons' or 'Coaches'.

Seems simple enough to me.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

another big issue is that ONLY in the UK are model railways items in the collectibles area - all other countries have them under toys and hobbies. if wishing to sell internationally, this causes issues.

Reply to
mindesign