Heljan Western

What has happened to teh Western? I thought they were due in August??

Reply to
Neal Ball

"Neal Ball" wrote

Now believed to be October, just not sure which year! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Heljan told me that the Western is due in October this year. Graham Plowman

Reply to
gppsoftware

How about the dogfish? anyone got any pics of them?

Reply to
ViP

"Neal Ball" wrote

Undernoted is the significant part of an email which I received fromHeljan A/S this morning. I think this fully answers your question.

John.

< quote starts >

CLASS 52 WESTERN ================

Unfortunately we are a little delayed with this project. Just for your information, then the Class 52 will become available in November 2004. It might also turn up in October, but this is not 100% yet. So if customers is asking you, then please say November.

If any questions, then please let me know.

Best regards, HELJAN A/S

Kim Nannestad

< quote ends >
Reply to
John Turner

I would guess that it's *definitely* available for the NEC show!!

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

"Mick Bryan" wrote

As I think that's in December this year it's a pretty fair assessment.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Anything on the dogfish wagons??? will heljan be replacing their 47s with spring buffers?

Reply to
ViP

"ViP" wrote

Nah, I think they'll stick to 47s, sprung buffers are not much good for pulling trains. ;-)

Personally I don't think sprung buffers are an issue. Look at the oval ones on the Bachmann Deltic and class 20 D8000. Personally I'd prefer a moulded plastic non-working buffer, providing it's the right shape.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Yes, I don't really see the point in spring buffers either. One more thing to break or fall off.

Reply to
MartinS

erm... how about the dogfish wagons???

Reply to
ViP

"ViP" wrote

I'd have answered that if I'd known.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

ok John, I thought you were avoiding the question ;-)

Reply to
ViP

How about for buffering up stock? When solid buffers hit each other, it doesn't give a realistic impression!

I think the point is that not everyone sticks with the hook-and-bar couplings, which presumably is why they're removable these days. People who replace them with 3-link, Alex Jackson, Dingham etc. will want sprung buffers.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

I would prefer sprung but looks like it wont happen with the 47s :-( have the hymeks got sprung buffers?

Reply to
ViP

The buffer springs, on my Hornby Black 5 at least, are too stiff to deflect realistically. With weaker springs, the buffers might dangle.

Reply to
MartinS

"MartinS" wrote

Ah well - I don't have a Hornby Black 5, but I do have their new 50, for some bizarre reason. Now you come to mention it, the buffers on that are a bit heavily sprung as well, so perhaps there isn't much point if it isn't done properly. As I tend to model 30's GWR, or light railway such as WC&PR, or even 1910's MR, I haven't actually run the 50 yet!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

In message , Paul Boyd writes

People who replace them with 3-link, Alex Jackson, Dingham etc. are quite capable of installing sprung buffers as well.

Reply to
John Sullivan