help with Hornby Jinty

Hi,

I have an old OO Hornby Jinty which *always* stops dead on the curve of right-hand points. I've cleaned everything inside it (improving its running immensely) but this hasn't cured it. Neither did adding weight. I suspect there is a tiny gap between the left-hand side rear wheel and the rail, so no power picked up when the front wheel is running over the dead frog, IYKWIM. Has anyone come across a similar problem and solved it (preferably without changing the track - other short 0-6-0's run fine)?

Thanks in anticipation,

Duncan

Reply to
Duncan

This might be because of the course wheels running on modern track. The flanges on the old Hornby Jinty were larger than on modern stock and may be grounding, lifting the wheel off the rail...

If I'm way foo the mark here, I'm sure sumeone will tell me...

Reply to
Adrian