Hornby buys Airfix and Humbrol paints

Want!

Cat. ;o)

Reply to
The Stainless Steel Cat

I wonder how many are down the side of settee cushions :-)

Jim.

Reply to
jim

And you still can't find the red 3x2 piece you need to finish the truck you have in mind.

Robin

Reply to
R.C. Payne

Or in landfill having being sucked up by the Hoover?

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

That's why they sold them.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

A quote from MREMag "Since my rushed report, which was added late to Friday's MREmag, I have had confirmation from Hornby that they have been able to acquire all of the tooling ".

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

354 billion - leaving everyone with one Lego block each - market saturated!

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Just think of all that non-degradable plastic! No doubt there will be a bill in Parliament soon to stop the import, manufacture and use of Lego. (OK, so on the face of this is silly - just remember where you saw it first!!) David Costigan

Reply to
David Costigan

Engines? Lego models must have got a lot more complicated since I Were A Lad... :-)

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

You probably had the early bakelite Lego with nut/bolt assembly!?!

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Lego ran up losses of $123 million in 2000. The restructuring resulted in the loss of 500 out of 8,000 jobs and they also shut two factories in Switzerland, sold a tool plant in Germany and an engine-making facility in Hungary.

Engines? Lego models must have got a lot more complicated since I Were A Lad... :-)

Sorry I must have slipped into American slang .... for 'engine' please substitute 'electric motor'.

As for deducting for those bricks 'lost' down the side of cushions or up cleaner pipes suggest you also add those buried in sand pits & back gardens plus those swallowed by children & pets.

Reply to
Dragon Heart