Laying ballast foam ?

When laying foam ballast, is it better to do short sections at a time or try and do long sections ?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

TIA.

Reply to
RT

"RT" wrote

I wouldn't use it at all, it makes it more difficult to lay your track 'level' and also degrades (turns to powder) in time.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Yes, I've already laid a small section and see what you mean.

Thanks.

Reply to
RT

I had some success (in N) with chinchilla sand glued down with book-binding PVA laid on 'insertion jointing' (a kind of wood felt used for concrete structures from the local building suppliers) - a wash of water colour tones down the sand, I spray the plain track and hand paint the points before laying (used to get some good track colours in spray tins from Games Workshop but they seem to have stopped making the ones I liked)

Result was very quiet running although the jointing was glued down to plywood or melamine shelving boards

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Smith